Monday, February 16, 2009

Those Grandpa's are so special. . . .



It is with a very heavy heart that I write about my Grandpa Tracy's, or Papaul as we called him. . . passing this past week. It has been a very tough time and it is hard for me to believe that both of my beloved Tracy Grandparents are no longer with us. I miss them so much!!!! My Grandfather was 91, but he was no normal 91 year old. . . the nurses in the hospital always thought they had the wrong room, because he looks so young! He has always been handsome, young looking, and so very strong. . . So it is very strange to think he is gone.

BUT. . .I will thank my cousin Bruce and Sara, and my sister Melissa. . .and myself a little bit. . .for knowing the importance of the stories my Grandfather had to share. We were so shocked with my Grandmother's passing 8 years ago that we missed out on some of her stories. . . BUT my cousin Bruce did a very in-depth interview with my Grandfather a few years ago. . .I do not believe it is something I can watch yet, but I am so thankful to have it!! My Grandfather was a man of few words. . .so I am sure it wasn't easy getting him to answer all those questions! But thank you SO MUCH Bruce for doing it! We are also going to compile a book of stories about my Grandfather. This will be such a treasure and a way so the stories are never forgotten!!!!! I love taking pictures. . .BUT the stories are what are most important to me. And it is amazing how many great stories you forget. . . .

No comments: