Monday, July 20, 2009

A Baby Album. . .

Something I sort of fell into was making baby albums for people. I made a couple for friends and then a few have been ordered by other people. The album I am posting today I made for my dear friend Darcie and her precious baby boy Nolan!!

I used the same basic pattern for each album, though I used different paper and embellishments for each one. . . and I varied the pattern just a bit for each one. In this particular album, I used the Baby Bee line from Crate Paper and stamps, inks, the album, cardstock, and ribbons from Close to My Heart.

One of my favorite albums was done with the Close to My Heart Paper pack Caprice! Not a baby themed paper pack, but it was so cute!!! I will try and post pictures of some of the different albums I have done! Here are a few pages from Ms. Darcie's Album and some of the dimensions. . . . everything is Close to My Heart unless otherwise noted. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I used a 9x9 Garden Green Album and I decorated the opening inside page with Nolan's name and specifics. I also left room for a picture of him. I like the 9x9 size, because it is easy to work with. Two 4x6 pictures easily fit on the page. . . and I find it very easy coming up with layouts for these size of pages.

The first thing I did (after drawing out a plan) was cut several pieces of 12x12 White Daisy Cardstock down to 9x9. I used these as the bases for my pages. The left over pieces I used for the Journaling pieces and tags!!! It worked out perfect!

The first two pictures are out of order. . .when you post, you have to upload your pictures in reverse order. . .or at least that is how I have to do it, because I haven't figured out how NOT to do that!!! Anyway, so this is actually the 2nd page of the At the Hospital Layout. . .

href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEijh210l-7NEt8a-c7zl8rzalBkBwZty3ube_JcaT5EYaTNibfxJ5H28DIPJbYRXcQMcUuCz-3gZzLH7tYCONAJvzF-jgW6es8DhkD_WXqD6hHjCrz3Nv-HEW6l06ie90hnHhk492D4dMS5/s1600-h/at+the+hospital+2.JPG">

Here is the first page of the At the hospital page. . . this is made for 2 vertical 4x6 photos. The patterned paper pocket on the left side of the page is 3x8. I used a circle punch to make the semi-circle in the pocket. The inside journaling tab is 2 1/2 x 7 1/2. I used a CTMH journaling stamp to make lines to journal on! Then I used a button as the pull guide! I have these pages made for each month of the baby's first year and then a couple of extras for special pages, such as holidays or special events.




This page is meant for vertical photos. . .either 2 4x6 or 3 photos trimmed down a bit. I have a couple of these pages throughout the book. These are meant to hold additional photos from a particular month.




This page is for 2 4x6 photos. . . also a page to hold additional photos from a month.



here is a pocket page with a 5x7 photo spot! The pocket can hold anything from journaling, to extra pictures, cards, or memorabilia.


and here is a card I made for Darcie, Ryan, and Nolan. . . I used the same line of paper and a Close to my Heart Stamp set called, Random Thoughts and Desert Sand ink

1 comment:

Darcie said...

And we LOVE the album! One of the best gifts I have ever been given. :)