Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I forget my camera. . .

My Grandma Fern and I canned salsa yesterday. We had a wonderful time chatting and working. . . the hours seemed to fly by!! We do get to see a lot of each other, now that she lives in Richmond. . . but it was so nice spending the day. . .just the two of us. . . me trying to soak up all of the knowledge she has and these precious moments. I am very lucky to have a young Grandma and hopefully I will have her for many years to come!!! Her mother, my Great-Grandma, lived to be 93 and I knew her pretty well!!!

I knew this day was going to be a treasure. . . something I have looked forward to ever since she mentioned that she wanted to move to the Richmond area. One of my best friends called yesterday and asked what I was doing. . . I told her, "canning with my Grandma." She had to tell me that she lost her beloved Grandma the same day. She told me to treasure these moments. . . .and believe me, I do.

But. . . I forgot my camera. I wanted to document our day with a few snapshots. . .especially to document all of our hard work that we will be enjoying this winter. But, I left it at home. My car was completely loaded yesterday. . . Brady could barely get in and out. . . it was full of tomatoes, canning paraphernalia, stuff for our AIM meeting, and a couple scrapbooking orders. I guess I just couldn't remember one little camera with all of that stuff. . .

hopefully we will do this again soon!!! We didn't even make a dent in all of the tomatoes I brought to her. She was going to work on making juice today.

She is in absolute heaven with all of the produce we have around here.

She has really missed having a garden and all of the wonderful things that come from it.

I am so glad to be able to learn some things from her. . . .and she doesn't even realize what she is doing most of the time. . .

She will mention, well Mom did this or Mom did that (speaking of my Great-Grandma Ruby White)

hopefully I am sinking it all in!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

I'm jealous you have a grandma to can with! Get back over there with your camera and some jars of salsa and snap some pictures! It don't matter it wasn't the day you did it. You won't regret having a scrapbook page about your wonderful day.