Friday, August 3, 2007

Friday ramblings again!



This is the project we are going to complete for our Tuesday Hostess Club Class. I have ten confirmed coming!! I am very excited and a little nervous, of course! They wanted to use chalks and complete a 2 pg layout and a card. I am still working on the card. . .it has been hard for me to match the chalk and paper I want to use and to take our 2 hour time frame into consideration!!! I want the focus of the class to be about chalk and it is hard for me to limit my techniques used!!!! I really like the layout! I used colors I don't typically migrate towards. . .I wanted a summery layout and I wanted to use the Palm tree from the Hang 10 stamp set. The chalk colors went with it perfectly!! Sadly, I didn't have any patterned paper that also coordinated, so I just stamped my own! I think it turned out rather nice! Other Items used: Cardstock: New England Ivy, Desert Sand, Garden Green, White Daisy. Inks: Chocolate. Stamp sets: Vintage Postcard, Hang 10. Other: Coluzzle Circle, eyelet, Waxy Flax, Sandpaper, chalks, versamark.
I just love this picture. . .I had forgotten I took it. I was browsing through some pictures from June that I have not uploaded or ordered any prints. They were of Brady playing in the sprinkler in our front yard. . .it was getting dry. .. hard to imagine with all the rain we received in May! But Brady, with only a t-shirt on was running and playing the the sprinkler! Having the time of his life. Pretty soon he stopped top pick this dandelion and handed it to me. My first flower from my little guy! Very sweet!!

I am heading to market again in the morning! Another very early morning! I hope I have a volunteer to go with me. . .this will be the first time I have watermelons and I am a little unsure how to handle them!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: