Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wedding Card Teacher Gift and Update.

 I can't believe today is the last day of school!  Wow how this year has flown past!  I am so sad for Brady to leave Dear Elementary.  I just can't imagine there is a better school out there.  The staff is absolutely amazing.  I am sure his new school, Sunrise, will be equally as great.  Just can't believe how fast he is growing up.  


The card above I made for Brady's teacher, Miss Penning. In just a couple of weeks she will be walking down the aisle.  Everything is from Close to My Heart. 
 Here is a list of the items I used.  Besides drying time for the LIquid Glass, I made this card very quickly.
die-cut cards and envelops
Florentine Paper Pack
Florentine Stickease
Color-ready alphabets ( I think they are retired, but check the clearance section on my website.)
Garden Green, Chocolate inks
Liquid Glass
Foam Tape
Colonial White Ribbon. (retired)


Don't mind the mess, please!  I purchased these cups at Walmart for a very decent price.  Then I cut out tags from some Cosmo Cricket Paper I had on hand.  I glued them to Cranberry Cardstock.  Punched a hole.  And tied a ribbon to the cup.  Voila!  A cute and easy tag!  I filled the cup with candy.  Hope the teachers like them!




Here are more of the tags.  The Cannonball is my favorite!  


A long while ago, one of my friends mentioned she had this cool sink in her barn and it could be mine, if I wanted it.  Of course I did.  And it took me many, many, many months to go and get it.  
I had our builder look at it to see if it would work in our laundry/mudroom.  His first words were, it looks like it came straight from a barn!  And it did!  He called it the prettiest sink he has ever seen and said we better lock the house up tight, now.  I think he was being a comedian.


I wonder what he thinks of my cleaned up sink now?  I used some Goof Off I purchased at Walmart to remove some spray paint overspray that was on the front of the sink.  It really worked great and came off very easily.  I just absolutely love it.  It is perfect and I feel so lucky I was able to have this sink.  Thank you so much, Stephanie!  I definitely got the better end of the deal on our "trade"!  

Here is a view of my Craft room.  They have all of the doors in and the trim just about finished.  Though, as I am typing this, they are probably already done!
I just noticed in this picture, the trim above the door isn't finished.  I will have to find another picture to add to show the trim.   

 Here is a little visitor to our hill we encountered as we were leaving the other day.  

 This is a very tall pile of dirt in our backyard that Brady loves to play on.  The tractor and trailer on top looked pretty cute.  He has toys scattered all about already.  You can definitely tell where he has been. . . in the house and out!


No comments: