Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Celebration.

So my picture is a little distorted. . .and I can't figure out why?
I've never had that happen before, but I'm just going to have to go with it today!  Since I gave the card to my Dad yesterday!

We celebrated by going to my Sister and Brother-in-law's house for dinner.  

They invited over our family and his family and we are all pretty close, so it is a lot of fun.

They had an awesome dinner.

And dessert.

The kids had fun playing.

The dads got a few presents.

It was a really nice evening.  

I didn't take any pictures. . . not because of my picture overload syndrome. . . .(see post before ha!) but because I was so completely tired!!! I let the other gals do the photographing and I just sat there like a bump on a log.  I know they will share! :)

The card above measures 5 1/4 x 4 1/2 (a typical sized card)
To cut down a 12x12 piece easily, I just cut it to make it 
 8 1/2 x 11, then cut that in half.  You know have two card bases to use.  Cut the 11" side in half at 5 1/2.

I used Kraft Cardstock for the base. (My very favorite CS to use)

I cut out the Blue items on White Daisy Cardstock with my Cricut machine and the Artiste CTMH Cricut Cartridge.

I punched out the center White Scalloped Circle with the 2" Scallop Circle punch.

I stamped the Blue Items with Pacifica ink pad and used the Stamp Set that is a part of the Artiste Collection "Kudos".

The World's Best Dad came from a former Stamp of the Month set "Year Round Cheer"

I used foam tape to pop up the center.  

And that is it!

It is very simple, but it turned out pretty cute, If I do say so myself.

Even though the picture makes it look a little warped!

Hope you all had an awesome Father's Day!!!!  


No comments: